Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Smartboard/Promethean Board

My experiences with the smartboard and promethean board are slim to none. In Petal Primary School, they had smartboards, but they never worked! They were brand new boards, but there were always something wrong with them. Either the remote didn't work or the board wouldn't work. I don't know if the teachers were not experienced or the technicians didn't know how to fitx them. Needless to say, I didn't get to see the smartboard actually being used. It was just in the room.

With the promethean board, I see it being used a lot at South Forrest School. The math/social studies teacher, Mr. P, uses it for all of his lessons in both subjects. If he does not know about certain things, he asks the students. They normally know how to do it. Children are sooo smart in technology! He shows alot of funny clips and uses a lot of colors and animation on the promethean board to teach his subjects .

No comments:

Post a Comment